Friday, October 26, 2012

The Little Man and De-eh-eh-Bu-Ssy!!

Yup. You read that right.
De-eh-eh-bu-ssy.
Because while Rachmaninoff makes me dreamy, and Chopin makes me sigh, Debussy makes me stutter just a little bit. In all the right ways.
But mostly because the video you are about to watch is riddled with camera shake.

Seriously. You would think I would be able to get this whole video-with-my-camera-thing right already. It honestly is not that complicated! But I don't do it nearly often enough and always wait till approximately 15.8 seconds before I need to use the skill to remember that I do not have the skill. At all.

My excuses this time around?
I had just run a half marathon. On five hours of sleep. For three nights in a row.
But I had had caffeine on the race course.
My body doesn't know exactly what to do with caffeine.
I had placed myself out of the way of the judge (do not distract the judge!!) and in a position I thought would stabilize the camera.
It took about 18 seconds for my hand to cramp. And for me to wonder what the hay bale I was doing in this position. And trying to remember just how long Little Man's song was.
I thought it was two minutes. (I can do anything for two minutes, right?)
It was four.
Ouch.
Tired.
Hungry.
Thirsty.
Dizzy.
Camera shake.

But here is the good news. This video is not about me.
Nope it is about An Awesome Performance by the Little Man.
Because he played really, really well.
And by really, really well, I mean, you decide.
But I'm telling you he played flippin' fantastic!

So take a listen. Ignore the wiggles. And know that in the end he got the highest score. A 4... Plus.
And nothing but oozing accolades from the judge.



Yup. It was a good day for Debussy. And Little Man. Who is really Not-So-Little-Any-More-Man.

And I am left with just three words...
Way to go!!!
Next time, TRIPOD!!!

(Oh, and a self-memo to remember the record off button. So you can be spared the lovely parting shot of the floor. Geesh.)



1 comment:

  1. Wow! and Wow! some more! I love Debussy and I love Landon. I am in fast-moving-fingers heaven! Seriously, Landon plays so well and is so composed. Congratulations to him on a triumphal performance. Where does he go from here? And just be glad about getting it saved for posterity. Who cares about the slight unsteadiness? It is great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...