Tuesday, January 15, 2013

10 Happy Things - Baby It's Cold Outside Edition

Baby, it's cold outside!

But even though I'm shivering my way through January it never takes long to see that there are other places that I would shiver worse. This makes me glad I'm not. And that feels good.

Every once in awhile days come around that are kind of like that. Days where no matter what goes wrong I don't have to look far to think of worse things going wrong. And it makes me glad they aren't. So it feels like a good day, anyway.

Today was one of those days. And believe me, it had its fair share of wrong! But all except for the 10 things that went wrong in 10 minutes it really only felt happy. And I love that! So I'm going to share. Because I know you're dying to hear.


10 Happy Things - Baby It's Cold Outside Edition

1.  SUNSHINE!!! Sweet, sweet sunshine. With blue skies.

2.  My super overstuffed load of towels got completely dry the first run in the dryer!! Kind of.

3.  I forgot number three. I am not making this up. I completely skipped it. This pretty much makes
     me smile.

4.  I totally sat in my apartment wearing my puffy coat and headband after walking the dog. For more
     than just a little while. I felt really good about this.

5.  I did not get hit by a car.

6.  My weather app says it's 73 and sunny in Miami and 77 and stormy in Tahiti. Which means I'd
    rather be in Miami than Tahiti. This almost never happens.

7.  It was 30 degrees for running. Instead of the 12 degrees I ran in the other day. Yay!
     Bonus: My chin was completely thawed within 7 minutes of walking in the door.
     Double bonus: Unlike a recent run, I totally did NOT recklessly choose to spit like a girl
     before checking to see if there was a swift attractive runner rapidly approaching from behind.

8.  I got a free book from Amazon!! (This may or may not have something to do with one of the 10
     things that went wrong in 10 minutes. I'm not really sure. But I'm happy about it, anyway.)

9.  Hot chocolate. With toffee flavored creamer. And whipped cream. And a sprinkle of cinnamon and
     sugar on top. Mmmm. Yummy. Warm. I did not have this. I just thought about it. Happily. And
     drank it in my mind. Then ate the last seven bites of a piece of Godiva cheesecake.

10. Knowing that by tomorrow night I will be shivering worse. Some of the people I love most will
     be shivering worse with me. But all will be right with the world. Because we will be half way
     through January and well on our way to...

SUMMER!!!!
And nothing says happy more than that. : )










1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we have to dig deep to look for the bright side. I'm ready for tropical beaches and summer, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...