Friday, October 18, 2013

Additionals! - Firefly Forest Part 2

(If you didn't read yesterday's post, please do before going on to this one. 


There's a reason someone decided to call it "Firefly Forest". 
You can probably figure this out.
It has a lot to do with the fireflies that fill the skies 
and light up the trails on hot summer nights. 
So amazing. 
Have I mentioned that I love fireflies? 
I love that they are bioluminescent and produce their own light to emit as energy rather than heat. 
And I love that they are symbolic of guidance, illumination, creativity, energy, inspiration. 
And hope. 
Which makes the "Firefly Forest" title perfectly suited to this stretch of trail that started with
just a door in the wood. 

After experiencing door one, then door two, I had to go back. 
But this time not for a run. Instead for a walk. 
With people I love. 
Because all good things beg to be shared with people we love. 
And on this walk what we found was delightful!

Where once was only a purple door....


Was now a purple door and a flag...
and a feather...


And toys...



And a cute little welcome mat...


And a new mailbox to collect all the notes that were so carefully and thoughtfully being written 
by curious passersby.


And next to the little red door...


This rock.


Okay. So I love this! Love, love, love!!
It's just one of those little things that makes everything feel better.
Smile.
And sigh a little happy sigh.
:-)

What else do I love?
That the people that I love also loved this walk just as much as I did. 
And it wasn't so clear how many of these new additions were the craftmanship of the author 
Or the handiwork of anonymous contributors. 
But it was very clear that others were wanting to be a part of this simple and brilliant thing. 

And this was only the beginning...

Part Three - coming Monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...