Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Playing Favorites - Firefly Forest Part 5

If you are just now joining this series of posts, 
__________________________________________________

I know. I shouldn't play favorites. 
My kids remind me this all the time. 
And they have for years. 
But every once in awhile they insist that I do
because they want to be the favorite for a day.

It's really not fair. 
And if you're a mom you know how tricky this can be. 
So I come up with tricky things to say. 
Like... 
"You're my favorite son!"  
(True because I only have one.) 
"You're my favorite unmarried daughter!" 
(Also true because I only have one.) 
"You're my favorite mother of my first grandson!" 
(Yup. I only have one). 

But having to play this game makes it all the more satisfying 
when I can flatly choose a favorite "something" without feeling an ounce of guilt. 

And that is exactly what happened on my next visit to Firefly Forest. 

I had gone to photograph the little red door, 
which on this day looked like this...


And this...


Complete with this...


And this...


(Can you believe how it's grown?)



When just yards down the lane,
quietly tucked away,
 and looking oh, so au naturel, 
I nearly missed this...
....
.......
...........



Oh, for the love!!! 

And honestly!!

From the "chandelier"...



To the little hammock...


To the raw and natural building materials 
that take me back to my childhood in a backyard forest...


...it beckons my mind to lazy summer days. 
Or quiet island retreats. 

And suddenly I have no problem playing favorites.

Because all I can think is, 
"Who sleeps in that little hammock, anyway?"


And I smile.
Really, who wouldn't?
:-)
 _______________________________________________________

Yes! Still more Firefly Forest posts to come!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...