Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Dream

It has been exactly two months and two days since I last blogged. My longest blogging dry spell ever.

There are reasons for this, not the least of which includes a wedding.
And a separation.
In the same month.
It's been a little overwhelming.
And so the blog has suffered, too.

But several nights ago I had a dream.
A very vivid dream.
In it I was wearing braided pigtails.
And cute yellow galoshes.
It involved a trip to a farm for a Large Family Gathering.
(Not my family. Or my farm.)
It also involved tractors, and trucks, and horses, and barns, and cows, and hogs, and...corn on the cob.
There was a large garden full of squash, and peas, and potatoes, and tomatoes, and peppers, and cucumbers, and strawberries, and...corn on the cob.
It was intensely colorful and nothing short of a visual smorgasbord.

But best of all was The Sky.
There was a spectacular storm rolling in, streaking the heavens with brilliant greys, blues and purples.
All streaks swept in one direction, beckoning the eye deep into the horizon.
And then deeper still.

The Large Family Gathering was wanting to talk to me and trying to pull me away from the earthy wonders.
To feed me...corn on the cob.
But all I wanted to do was take pictures of the tractors, the trucks, the barns, the cows, the hogs, the squash, the peas, the potatoes, the tomatoes, the peppers, the cucumbers, the strawberries...
And more than anything, The Sky.

And then blog.

So in my dream I did just that.
And I composed a really good blog post.
Complete with really good pictures.
And I felt happy.
Even though I was up to my knees in rich, muddy, farm soil.

I'm pretty sure that a dream interpreter could tell me all kinds of things about what this dream meant. Especially the knee deep mud.
Or the stormy skies.
But to me it mostly meant just one thing.
That my soul was yearning to get back to some of the activities I love.
Like photographing and blogging.

So after two months, two days, two wedding receptions, two trips, two alternate living spaces, and some really strange dreams away, this is my awkward return to the blog.

Sans photos.

Surely there can be nowhere to go but...
Better.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...