Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Photos

It's Friday.
Friday after Thursday.
Friday after Thursday that my iPhone took a dive and left me stranded without my life.

This morning it was buzzing at me from the bag of rice. A pathetic little buzz. The kind of buzz that lets you know it's alive, but not living. I took it out of the bag of rice and it is just that. Alive. But not living. I put it back in the bag.

I'm choosing to think of the bag of rice as life support till it can breathe on its own. And that the phone is not really dead, just comatose. This gives me hope for a better day. Hopefully, tomorrow.

In the meantime, here are a few Friday Photos for you to enjoy. And this series has a name.

"Don't Let This Happen to You"


Okay. So I'm all about heels. I love them. They are a very important part of my height to weight ratio. 
And this really does matter to me. 
But there is a time. And a place. And a color.
At Fair St. Louis? Probably not the time. Or the place. Or the color. I'm just sayin'. 
Not that the heels are the worst of her problems....


 Alright, I could give this guy credit for trying to demonstrate a little American Spirit. But, um...ew. 
Would the amount of credit ever match the infinite amount of things that are wrong with this picture? 
I think not. 
And I'm talking about subject matter here. Not the photography. 


This may look innocent enough. Well, actually not really. 
But here is the thing you should know about this pic. 
It was snapped near the beginning of a half marathon. In 80 degree weather. 
Trust me. I would not want to see what these costumes look like at the end of the race! 
And if we're being completely honest here, does this seem like a good race day option? 
Not even in 40 degree weather.


And we'll end with my personal favorite. Mostly because I know and adore this person. 
And obviously, there is a story here. This is it.

Once upon a time a boy went tubing with a bunch of other boys. 
And a girl. 
While taking his turn on the tube he began to feel his swim trunks sliding down his legs. 
He screamed! Like a girl. Ack! 
He let go of the rope. And retrieved his swim trunks just before they were gone forever. Phew! 
And then he put them back on. 
Inside out. And backwards.
But he didn't know they were inside out and backwards. 
Till he was back on the boat with a bunch of other boys. 
And a girl. 

The End.

Here's wishing you a Fabulous Friday and a Wonderful Weekend! 

And remember...from the heels to the swim trunks, please, Don't Let This Happen To You!
And mostly I am talking about my iPhone. Still in its bag of rice.

5 comments:

  1. I know "that boy!' and that is a classic story in our house. love the shots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the girl in the first photo wearing donkey ears? I think it is a good thing we just see her walking away from us. And "that boy" in the last shot, at least his fashion blunder was pretty innocent. I don't think the others were in a desperate situation. But really, if they would choose to dress that way, the are! Thanks for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. The guy with the "patriotic" shirt on should still be allowing his mother to match his socks. Just sayin'... (Or maybe he doesn't own a mirror?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. You are too hilarious! I died laughing about your iphone post too. Obviously I have been mourning the loss ever since, but I cracked up about the story. And I also want Ben & Jerry's late night snack. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...