Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Crack Fries

I run. And once a week I run long. And by long I mean anywhere from 8 to 15 miles.

I know. If you usually count your daily walk to the freezer for ice cream as exercise, this sounds a little crazy. But the truth is I do it for one reason.

Crack Fries.

Well, that and cute jeans. But mostly Crack Fries.

If you live anywhere near me you know what I'm talking about. If you don't live anywhere near me, but talk to me, you still know what I'm talking about. Crack Fries are the absolute best use of your weekly allotment of calories you could possibly imagine.

Close your eyes and think in your mind...

Hot, crispy skinny fries...
With lightly seasoned saltiness....
Covered in creamy, marginally spicy, cheesy sauce.

Mmm...

Breathe in deeply. Exhale.

Open your eyes. And lament that Crack Fries are not sitting in front of you.

Okay, if you're anything like me this actually doesn't sound that good. I mean, honestly, I really don't like cheesy sauce on much of anything. And when Kid Four told me about Crack Fries and insisted I try them, I was skeptical at best. But because I like to help my kids think I'm interested in what they are interested in, I tried them.

Two bites. That's all it took. Two bites. And I was hooked.

Lucky for me, Crack Fries live a mile and a half from my house. Even more lucky for me, I run long once a week. Because I am not making it up when I tell you that I cannot pass them by. Ever.

I don't know what they put in the seasoning or in the cheesy sauce. Or what kind of special dirt they grow those potatoes in. But whatever it is, it calls my name. In my sleep. I dream about Crack Fries. True story.

Today I had some. Again.
They are messy. They are delicious. They are completely addictive.
And they are the best reason ever for the long run.

Well, that and cute jeans.

But sorry, no pics today. Trust me, they would turn out to be nothing shy of insulting. Because Crack Fries are just that good.

2 comments:

  1. I will have to try them... in my dreams... for a very long time. Fortunately, nothing (except Porky's, which I love) lives within 1 1/2 miles from where I live. I will count my blessings today! You, my dear sister and friend, just keep running and enjoying your Crack Fries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what I wouldn't give for crack fries right now! Good thing I'm coming in a couple weeks. Must indulge then since we didn't last time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...