Monday, March 19, 2012

For the Boys - Muscle Cars

The other night, while away on my brief-hiatus-from-life-as-I-know-it, I was invited to tour a private collection of classic cars. I thought this would be fun. I like cars and I like fun. So I went. With absolutely no expectations whatsoever. You should know that this is the best way to do something fun. Because then there are no disappointments from having unreasonably high expectations. If you've ever been really excited to see a movie that you thought would be so good and it wasn't, you know what I'm saying here.

But I am pretty sure that there is not any high expectation that could have left me disappointed from this tour! Because this was not just your average collection of cars. Nope. This was more than 200 of the most incredible classic cars I have ever beheld spread out into 3 separate warehouses. And by spread out I mean squished in, because there was barely room to walk between them.

I took a few pics. A few hundred pics. Today I will share some. On another day I will share more. And maybe on another day some more. As long as you photographers out there don't judge. Really.

So here is a shot looking down the aisle of one of the storage warehouses. It was shaped like an "L". So this is only part of it.


I know. Cars. Lots of cars. And since that lovely Shelby GT is right there in front, I just can't help myself.
I have to share my story. It's short.

I don't know why, but since the time I was old enough to say, "car", I have loved Muscle Cars.

That's all.

Except for this guy had an impressive collection.


First there was this one.


Then this one.


And this one.


And this one, and this one, and this one!





There were even more.

But of all them this was my favorite.


Seriously. I broke out in a sweat when I saw it. And drooled just a little bit. There is no logical explanation for this. It just happened. But apparently I have good taste. Because this car has won awards all over the place.


Dear Most Spectacular 1969 Mustang Super Muscle Car,
Please come home with me.
The End.

There were a lot more classic cars. Of all kinds. And I will definitely have to share more. But for today only one. Because just carrying my camera around and looking like I knew what I was doing (I didn't) landed me a spot in this:


The 1998 Indy 500 Number 9 Official Pace Car.

Now, to figure out a way to test drive these babies.

 : )

8 comments:

  1. I love it! Would have loved to tour these with you and I must say, once I shoe these to my hubby, he may want a cigarette, ha ha! Tanner will go crazy, he loves muscle cars!! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see the rest some time. Oh, and you look totally hot in that car missy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always liked classic Mustangs, I even got to shoot an engagement shoot with a couple and the guy's awesome red Mustang, a lot like the one in your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You weren't kidding! Any cool old pick-ups? And you do look good in blue-ish purple! Hope today offers some unexpected fun, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What. The. Heck. Why wasn't I invited? And where the heck is this? I've never heard of it. WOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Karissa,

    Unfortunately, you weren't invited because it was in Draper, Utah and the original invitation came from Brian's sister and her husband (holla!). Maybe if you come visit me for a LONG time I can convince them to arrange another showing ;)

    And by me, I mean Brian will have to convince Josh and Suzanne, who will then ask the fellow to graciously show us his cars again :D


    Love,

    Shayla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is soooo cool! What a unique experience, and what a fun event to have a great camera at, right? Can you imagine taking a point and shoot to things like that!? :o) How was the light there? I'd love to hear how it was from a photographic perspective in your next post :o) Use all the nerdy words and everything...I love that I'm starting to (emphasis on STARTING to...) know how to talk that way! I've always been a car girl too. Growing up my dad and I shared a subscription of Car and Driver and I remember reading articles out loud to him on car trips as he drove. Good times! This post is awesome! And PS--this SLR stuff is hard work! I love Nikons, though. (Did I ever tell you I bought a D5100? It has the sensor of a D7000! I LOVE it!!) I think you know way more than you think you know, or more than you will admit here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my art friends in AZ does mostly cars. They can be things of beauty. That pace car looks great on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is totally awesome!! I love muscle cars as well ... I wonder if they'd miss a couple if we just happened to accidentally drive one away? You look awesome by the way :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...