Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dear SoCal... Love Always, Me

Dear SoCal,

I love running on your beaches and piers. Your air is humid and salty. And I adore humid and salty! Your ocean makes that ocean noise. The one that only oceans make. The one that makes my soul all melty and soft inside, and stirs up longings for a breezy waterside hut.



Your beach people are so interesting! And tan. I write letters to them in my head. The letters go like this:


    Dear Very Old Wrinkly Running Woman,

    I think you might be 85. It's hard to tell from all the sun damage. But you are still running! 
It inspires me and gives me hope for my running future.
I want to know your secret...
Just exactly where DO you get the confidence to run in a jog bra???

    Fascinated By This Whole Concept,
    Me


And...


    Dear Beautiful Bronze Buff Boy on a Bike,

    By boy, I mean man. You are beautiful. And Bronze. And Buff. And much younger than I. 
So thank you for waving and smiling at me. 
It made my day! 
(If The Man saw you, he would understand. Promise.)

    Heavy Girlish Sigh,
    Me



And...


    Dear Older Barefoot Shirtless Running Man Wearing Khaki Shorts and a Backpack,

    You are so cute in your backpack! 
    But you should probably wear a shirt. I'm just sayin'...

    Some Things You Can't Unsee,
    Me




And last, but certainly not least...


    Dear Darling Children Playing in the Waves by the Pier,

    I love to hear you squeal and giggle as you run back and forth along the water's edge! 
Your light-hearted laughter is infectious 
and reminds me that I should look a little more for the child inside of me. 
Thanks for giving me a "moment". 
    
    And a photo. 


    Now Wash Your Feet...That Water is Dirty!
    Me



So, I thank you SoCal , for giving me such good stuff in my head.
And my heart.
And my soul.

Love Always,
Me


8 comments:

  1. Are you sure The Man would be so understanding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cool! I love those letters. I do that too around people! My sister found a cool website full of letters like that. It's called www.dearblankpleaseblank.com. Check it out! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your pictures are AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your letters. I think I've seen those same folks at the beach. Only I didn't get a wave from the buff guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite posting yet! Will you never cease to amaaaaaaaaze me. (hmmm, NO, it's not a question...) Thanks for all this good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I particularly like the Beautiful Bronze Buff Boy on Bike story. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Heidi, I (The Man) certainly am understanding. Being married to such a beautiful woman, I've had to accept the fact that other men will smile and wave at her when I'm not with her...Can ya blame'em? The best part about it though is that she always comes home to me (The only real Man in her life).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...